10 week course
£40.00 full rate + £35.00 concession rate
Taught by: Bernadette Carlin
We will have some machines available but if you have your own – all the better. These classes are designed to build the knowledge and confidence necessary for participants to complete a number of sewing projects over 10 weeks. Each class will introduce them to new skills and techniques and give them something to take home and be proud of! Projects include:
· Bunting - This is a great beginners project to increase participant’s sewing confidence and introduces intricate pinning and stitching as well as how and when to use bias binding.
· Lined tote bag – This project is an introduction to construction, seam allowance cutting and pinning techniques.
· Quilted zipped make-up bag - Participants will progress to learn how to insert a zip and lining and be introduced to quilting, (quilting is a process of sewing multiple layers of material together to form a thicker structure).
· Applique cushion and / or patchwork cushion with introduction to free motion embroidery.
· A selection of handmade Christmas decorations.
Participants will have the opportunity to exhibit their work at the end of year show in the Duncairn.